nH senior citizen tuition waiver
New Hampshire residents who are age 65 or older and are not enrolled in a degree program are eligible to take a maximum of two credit-bearing courses* per fiscal year (Summer Session/Fall/January Term/Spring) tuition-free. Students are responsible for all other costs of attendance, including fees.
How to Register
Students may register in-person or over the phone by calling (603)862-1500. Registration begins on the first day of non-degree registration in each semester. Students must complete the following steps prior to registering:
- First time students must provide a copy of their NH State Driver’s License to verify age and residency.
- This can be copied in-person or scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students must complete a Waiver Agreement Form for each semester that they take a course.
- The waiver form can be found here: http://www.unh.edu/sites/default/files/departments/_business_services/seniorcitizenwaiver.pdf.
- Please check https://courses.unh.edu/ to see if any additional permissions are required prior to registration. This information will be listed in the course description.
How to Audit a Course
Students wishing to audit a course may do so on the first day of non-degree registration in each semester. Students must complete one of the following actions prior to registration:
- Students must receive instructor permission to audit a course. Permissions can be secured by emailing the instructor and then forwarding it to email@example.com.
- Alternatively, students may complete an audit form and submit it to the Registrar’s Office. The audit form is available here: http://www.unh.edu/registrar/forms/auditform.pdf.
- Registration is on a space-available basis.
- Prospective students must be 65 years of age as of the first day of the course
- Waivers will only be granted at the time of registration (not retroactively). Non-credit courses, workshops, etc. are not covered by this tuition waiver.
* Certain credit-bearing courses offered at UNH but administered by other institutions – such as Isles of Shoals and Library Science courses – are not covered by the tuition waiver.